Applications refers to your first-party products (i.e., products you developed) on a variety of environments, such as production and staging.
- Click on the Assets tab in the top navbar
- Select Applications on the left hand navigation
- Click Add Application in the top right
- Add in the Name of the Application, as well as the Owner, Description, Purpose, Data Classification, and Status
- Status Legend:
- Active: app is being actively managed using Comply for functions like access control reviews, authorizations, etc.
- Inactive: app is no longer in use and/or is not being managed within Comply
- Select Add Application at the bottom
The Data Classification of the asset refers to the highest level of sensitivity of data that this asset processes. Check out the 2. Classify Your Data section of Aptible's Guide to Asset Management for more information.
Applications have many additional fields that you can update by clicking into the "Detail" view of the Application. These properties are important for processes such as Business Impact Assessments and general Asset Management procedures.
Check out our Guide to Asset Management for best practices about how to fill in these fields.
Updated about 1 year ago