An API key can be created in Aptible Comply by following these steps:
- Login to Aptible Comply as an Account Owner or Comply Owner
- Navigate to Automations->Integration Configuration
- In the top right, choose to "Add Integration"
- At the bottom of the list choose "Events API" and click "Next Step"
- Enter a name for the API key and click "Save"
- Once you create an API key, you can copy the API key's token and begin building/testing an integration.
This token authenticates to the Event API. To successfully authenticate, you must include this token in the headers of your request.
If the engineer setting up the integration is not a user of Aptible Comply, an existing user can generate the keys and securely share them using a password wallet.
It is best to create one key per integration you are looking to set up, although you are able to connect multiple integrations using the same key.